This recipe is for 2 Mojitos in 16 ounce glasses. There are lots of other recipe variations out there,
this is just how I've been making them.
1 Shot Water
2 Tablespoons Sugar, or 2 Teaspoons Stevia (for a diet version)
12 Mint Leaves
4 Shots (or 200 ml) Rum
ice to fill the glasses
6 Ounces Club Soda
2 Mint Leaves (optional)
- If you are out of mint leaves, a quarter tsp of mint extract will work.
- If you are out of limes, 2 tsp of True lime will work.
1. Add the water and sugar/stevia to a microwave safe cup and nuke for 30 seconds. Stir to dissolve the sweeter.
2. Add the mint leaves and sugar water to a cocktail shaker. Muddle the mint (see link below for muddling instructions).
3. Half the limes and squeeze the juice into the cocktail shaker. I then cut 2 chunks of the squeezed
limes (size = about 1/4 of a lime half) to add to the shaker, then muddle again.
4. Add the Rum to the shaker, close it then shake it all up for about a minute.
5. Fill the cocktail glasses with ice, then strain the contents of the shaker into them, equal amounts.
6. Top off the glasses with club soda then stir. (I tried adding the club soda to the shaker before
shaking but the carbonation caused the lid to come loose and made a mess.)
7. Garnish each glass with a mint leaf, then enjoy:-)
Tip: I haven't tried this yet, but intend to soon - Substitute Prosecco for the Club Soda. This came from the mojito recipe link below.
Cocktail 101: How to Muddle Mint and Other Herbs
The best mojito recipe ever